Migration in regional Australia - have your say
The LGAQ will be preparing a submission to the Joint Standing Committee on Migration - Inquiry on Migration in Regional Australia.
Comments are required by Friday, 13 September to allow for consideration prior to the submission date 20 September, 2019. Your LGAQ Lead on this matter is Roland McMillan - Economics and Finance.
Terms of Reference
Terms of Reference for the Inquiry include:
- National and international best practice strategies to encourage people to settle and stay in regional areas;
- Strategies to develop regional skilled migration;
- Strategies to develop regional humanitarian migration;
- Key local, state and federal initiatives for successful regional settlement outcomes;
- Local volunteers, employers and community organisations and their role in facilitating regional settlement;
- Relevant migration policy, including administration and state specific migration mechanisms;
- Related infrastructure matters; and
- Any other related matter.
The Committee shall give particular consideration to how communities and settlement services can best assist migrants to gain successful employment outcomes in regional Australia, including local work experience opportunities, skills certification and training, knowledge of Australian workforce regulations, accommodation and travel to and from the workplace.
Local Government Association of Queensland
LG House, 25 Evelyn Street, Newstead Qld 4006
The list content on this page is updated dynamically as articles are published.