How is your council age-friendly?
Council on the Ageing (COTA) Queensland and the LGAQ are working in partnership to promote healthy ageing and an age-friendly Queensland.
We're asking for your assistance in completing this15 minute survey to help us determine the extent of age-friendly practices taking place through the local governments.
- You can download the survey for completition here
- Responses should be sent direct to firstname.lastname@example.org
In particular COTA Queensland is interested in hearing from councils about how they can be assisted to:
- explore the most effective ways for councils to plan for positive ageing in their local areas
- improve safety and access to public spaces and community buildings (such as shopping centres)
- explore new models for senior citizens centres to ensure they are relevant
- find more effective ways to engage socially isolated people
- develop ways to get older people involved in planning for positive ageing in their communities
- create better ways to use the skills and experience of older people.
Local Government Association of Queensland
LG House, 25 Evelyn Street, Newstead Qld 4006
The list content on this page is updated dynamically as articles are published.