Have your say on the Natural Resources and Other Legislation (GDA2020) Amendment Bill 2019
On 23 October 2019, the Hon Dr Anthony Lynham, Minister for Natural Resources, Mines and Energy, introduced the Natural Resources and Other Legislation (GDA2020) Amendment Bill 2019 (Bill). The Bill was referred to the State Development, Natural Resources and Agricultural Industry Development Committee for detailed consideration and report by 6 December 2019.
- Explanatory Speech
- Natural Resources and Other Legislation (GDA2020) Amendment Bill 2019
- Explanatory Notes
The explanatory notes state that the policy objectives of the Bill are to:
- Implement the new national standard of measurement of position, Geocentric Datum Australia 2020 (GDA2020), for the future collection and provision of location data.
- Clarify the historical datum for position references or upgrade position references to GDA2020 (where appropriate).
- Ensure that Queensland legislation is responsive to national measurement standards as they evolve or new ones are adopted.
- Improve the effectiveness of processes for renewing term leases, land title registration, making model by-laws for trust land, and for conducting ballots for interests in state land.
- Enhance and clarify land titling processes.
- Enable the Queensland Government to give effect to commitments given as part of an Indigenous Land Use Agreement to grant unallocated state land (USL) as freehold, without competition, to the Traditional Owners of the land.
- Extend the boundary of the Cape York Peninsula region to include additional land parcels that are either properties added to the Daintree National Park or state land adjacent to the park.
The Committee has invited submissions addressing any aspect of the Bill from all interested parties. The closing date for written submissions is Monday 11 November 2019.
Submissions should be sent to SDNRAIDC@parliament.qld.gov.au.
The LGAQ is currently reviewing the Bill and welcomes council feedback. Please contact Crystal Baker on 3000 2291 or Crystal_Baker@lgaq.asn.au.
Local Government Association of Queensland
LG House, 25 Evelyn Street, Newstead Qld 4006
The list content on this page is updated dynamically as articles are published.