LGx 2019 Awards
Awards for Excellence in Local Government Communications
Local government plays a vital role in connecting with communities and keeping them informed of council activities and initiatives. At LGx events we recognise and celebrate better practice, innovation and excellence across the broad spectrum of communication and media in local government in these categories:
- Best communications | digital professional
- Best social media campaign
- Best collaboration
- Best creative communication campaign
This is your opportunity to showcase the work of your team, colleagues and council.
- Gain recognition through acknowledgement as an ‘exemplar of better practice’ or as a ‘leader in innovation and excellence in communication at a local government level’.
- Share acknowledgement and celebrate success with residents, managers, staff, and others involved; and
- Contribute to sector improvement by sharing better practices that can be adopted.
Terms and Conditions of Entry
- Entries may consist of either online article, television or radio campaign/commercial, social media content, printed material, etc.
- Best collaboration must be a campaign contribution between a Queensland council and external group (community, sporting or business group such as chamber of commerce). All major contributors should be included, and all names provided to be eligible.
- Entries must have been produced in-house and published or broadcast between 1 October 2018 and 30 September 2019.
- Entry is open to all Queensland councils and entries must contain work that is relevant to local government.
- All entries should include a statement of up to 200 words outlining the case for consideration
- Entries will be accepted until COB Friday 18 October 2019.
- Councils may submit multiple nominations across different categories.
Entries will be assessed by a panel of experts in the field of media and creative campaigns and judged on their merits. Consideration will be given to creative elements, effectiveness of campaign and audience impact.
If you have any questions about the nomination process or the terms and conditions of entry, please email email@example.com.