Government releases Belcarra Stage 2 support and resources
The Queensland Government has released a suite of materials to support elected members and prospective local government candidates following the Local Government Electoral (Implementing Stage 2 of Belcarra) and Other Legislation Amendment Bill 2019.
The Queensland Government is pursuing a rolling reform agenda to strengthen the transparency, accountability and integrity measures that apply to the system of local government and elections in Queensland. This means there are some changes that candidates for the 2020 election need to be ready for, even if you are an existing mayor or councillor or you have been a candidate before.
Support to current elected members and prospective elected members includes:
- Information on the reform
- A dedicated hotline: Ph: 07 3452 7148.
- The hotline is available between the hours of 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday. The department will endeavour to respond to any questions within 48 hours (business days).
- A dedicated website for those wishing to run in the upcoming elections
- Upcoming training - you can register for updates here.
- A dedicated email: For more information or to provide feedback on the reforms, email email@example.com.
Local Government Association of Queensland
LG House, 25 Evelyn Street, Newstead Qld 4006
The list content on this page is updated dynamically as articles are published.