The LGAQ’s Elected Member Update (EMU) Program
Held annually, the LGAQ’s popular Elected Member Update (EMU) program provides a unique opportunity for local government leaders to be briefed, educated and energised.
With over 30 sessions spread across regional centres and delivered by multiple LGAQ teams working in parallel, the 2017 EMU program is set to take place during April and May of 2017.
The full day program will begin at 9.30 and end at 4pm.
Where’s your closest EMU?
Where possible, sessions will be held in regional centres to facilitate interactive discussion between councils. Please contact Members Services on 1300 542 700 for information on your closest EMU session.
About the 2017 Program
- Attendance at a regionally delivered workshop with the opportunity to join with neighbouring councils will be encouraged in recognition of the increasing importance of local government collaboration.
- The program will again build on the ‘big three’ council performance domains of Our Business, Our People & Our Story.
- Updates on critical and emerging issues along with interactive professional development opportunities relevant for elected members and senior staff is also included.
- Private in-house sessions also remain available to councils.
EMU Fast Facts
- The hashtag #EMU2017 will be used to aggregate commentary from participants across social media.
- Thursday Island and Normanton will be among the most remote areas in Queensland to host the program in 2017.
- LGAQ staff will travel over 100,000 kilometres to deliver over 30 workshops.
- The importance of customer service and customer led service design will be addressed as a workshop topic for the first time.
The LGAQ’s annual Elected Member Update program (EMU) will be staged in regional hubs next year in recognition of the increasing importance of local government collaboration.