MIPP 2 Formal approval for applications extended
Maturing the Infrastructure Pipeline Program (MIPP) is a $20 million competitive grant program open to all local governments. Local Governments are invited to submit their applications for MIPP 2 via the online submission forms.
Following a number of queries regarding extensions of time due to submissions closing during the Easter school holiday period the Department has confirmed that final submissions:
- must be received by the closing date - midday Monday, 9 April 2018
- but can be subject to formal approval from an authorised officer, consistent with council delegations, and must be submitted by midday Monday 16 April 2018
if your council has concerns with this or you wish to seek an extension submit your request via email to email@example.com
The MIPP supports the development of a robust project pipeline by enabling projects to be matured from conceptually good ideas into solid proposals. A $10 million top-up was provided through the 2017–18 State Budget taking total government funding to $30 million.
The MIPP currently encompasses two phases:
- MIPP 1 covered two activities that began in 2016, and
- second phase activities which are collectively known as MIPP 2.
- strategic planning for infrastructure – funding studies and investigations that will assist local governments to form a strategic view of their key infrastructure priorities and needs; and
- business cases and/or detailed designs for the development of local government infrastructure proposals to provide better clarity on investment decisions.
Local Government Association of Queensland
LG House, 25 Evelyn Street, Newstead Qld 4006
The list content on this page is updated dynamically as articles are published.